Scholarly Paper (Art & Science Paper) /0x4*
This scholarly 6 page paper (not including title page and references) examines the humanistic art and science of professional nursing practice and the influence of each on the student’s nursing practice. Elements examined in the paper will include: the definitions of each concept, the influences of art and science on nursing practice according to the literature, regulatory and accreditation initiatives and their influence on nursing and healthcare, and strategies the student will use to incorporate art and science into owns nursing practice.
Purpose: To write a paper explicating the art & science of nursing and the influence of current professional nursing practice, Use a minimum 7 peer-reviewed, recent within five (5 yrs.) References not including the course textbook. Brevity and succinctness is needed. Develop your paper addressing the following ideas:
- Define the art & science of nursing.
- How does each (art & science) influence current medical and nursing practices according to the current medical literature?
- Examine past major influences on the health care environment and compare /contrast with the current major changes that influence professional nursing practice?
- Explain new situations whereby the science of nursing conflicts with the art of nursing and suggest how you can resolve such conflict as a professional nurse.
Tip: Ethical issues or any AACN Essentials/Gero competencies
- Summarize one recent reviewed article that includes the futuristic growth of the medical/nursing profession when applying both the arts and science of nursing.
- What strategies have you employed to apply the knowledge of art & science of nursing into your own practice?
I strive to provide nursing care in a caring and compassionate manner. When coordinating the patients’ care, I aim to guide them through their care process, keeping them apprised, and do my best to anticipate future needs to reduce care interruptions and unnecessary wait times.