Understanding the various responsibilities of an instructional coach is important, so the role can be held in a professional manner while meeting the needs of the adult learners.
For this assignment, design a 1,000-1,250 word proposal on a topic of your choice. The topic can be applicable to your current position or a project you are working on. The proposal should be for an all-day professional development in-service to be presented to your principal.
The proposal should include the following:
- Defined roles and responsibilities of the instructional coach during the professional development, including training, collaboration, and motivation.
- Achievable, measurable schoolwide goals for the professional development, with at least one focusing on collaboration and another on the integration of technology.
- How the professional development will meet the needs of adult learners, strengthening the learning environment, and enacting a system change.
Anticipated tools and resources, including technology, and an explanation of how each will assist the instructional coach in implementing the professional development or the teachers in achieving the outlined goals.
- At least three instructional strategies or activities to be used during the professional development session to engage teachers and increase self-efficacy with the chosen topic.
- How the success of the professional development and teacher implementation of the topic will be measured.
Support your proposal with 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.