Best Practices in Project Management.
In this project management course, you have learned about the 10 project management knowledge areas and the five project management process groups as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI). In the final module of this course, you were introduced to best practice project management.p>Write an essay describing 10 project management best practices, one for each knowledge area. Among the 10 best practices:
- At least five should be from your wider research, outside of the textbook.
- At least five should be related to best practices that facilitate, support, or improve teamwork.
For each best practice, determine the process group to which the best practice belongs and elaborate on its use.
The existence of best practices does not guarantee their use, as you can understand from the conference paper titled â€œThe Non-adoption of Best/Accepted/Promising Practices in Projects (Links to an external site.)â€. Include a section in your essay with recommendations for improving the adoption of project management best practices in an organization.
Your submitted work will be checked for originality via Turnitin. If you received a Turnitin similarity index of 20% or higher for your work (excluding references) after the due date, this will result in a redo and resubmit decision, with a grade penalty applied. Students can resubmit prior to the due date to improve their work. Using the Turnitin submission box below is required.
- NO late submission will be permitted for the final exam.
Length and Formatting Requirements
Adopt the following presentation style unless a template is provided for your work:
- Compose your work using Microsoft Word.
- The essay must be at least 900 words (about 3 pages) long.
- Use 12-point Times New Roman font and double-spacing.
- Justify the right margins.
- Organize your writing in sections with section headings.
- Format section headings using Microsoft Wordâ€™s â€œHeadingâ€ functions.
- Support the write-up with at least five additional sources as references.
- Insert cover page and reference pages(s).
- Cite and list references in correct APA style.
- Check your work to correct any spelling or grammatical errors.