Determining brain death (http://downloads.lww.com/wolterskluwer_vitalstream_com/journal_library/ccn_1558447x_2012_7_1_40.pdf)
Each unit starting with Week 4 includes a relevant journal article. These articles are optional, but can be reviewed for extra credit. Read the article, then write and submit a 2-3 page, approximately 800-1000 word, double-spaced and formally written Article Review, using the attached Journal Article Review resources and rubric as a guide. Be sure to include a title page and reference with your submission.
Note that a Journal Article Review is NOT simply a summary of the article, but also includes the following components:
1. What is the purpose of this article? (this section includes a BRIEF summary of the article)
2. Why is it important to investigate or examine the subject of the article?
3. How are the authors carrying out the task? Are their methods and comments appropriate and adequate to the task?
4. What do they claim to have found out? Are the findings clearly stated?
5. How does this advance knowledge in the field?
Your Journal Article Review will be evaluated for:
appropriate article selection,
a discussion of major points presented in the article,
clearly and articulate writing,
a well organized discussion of the major points,
and your thoughts, opinions and what you learned from the article.
Use the Journal Article Review grading rubric as a guide to make sure that you are meeting the expected requirements.