- Choose one of the designated court cases from the list in the Week 2 Learning Resources. You also may select another U.S. Supreme Court case that relates to schools and education using your own resource. Note: You may not choose Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas, because it is the example in the Discussion Learning Resource handout.
- Research your selected case using the featured website Learning Resource and/or other resources you find. Gather information and reflect to complete all points required for the Discussion Post.
- Access the handout “Summarizing a Court Decision” in the Week 2 Learning Resources for guidance in preparing your Discussion Post.
By Day 3 of Week 2:
For the case you have selected:
- Identify the case.
- Briefly summarize facts of the case and the decision.
- Explain how the decision has impacted schools.
- Explain any personal experience you may have had with this decision from your own school history.
- Explain how you view the decision as a prospective teacher and how it may impact your daily life in the classroom.
- Cite all Learning Resources using APA style.
Discussion week 2.
I need an explanation for this Health & Medical question to help me study.
Discussion Prompt 1: You have identified your topic of interest and it’s time to formulate your research question. Your research question needs to be focused and specific.
Please make sure to state your research question completely. For example:
Unfocused and too broad: What are the effects of childhood obesity in the United States? This question is so broad that research methodology would be very difficult and the question is too broad to be discussed in a typical research paper.
More focused: How does childhood obesity impact academic performance in elementary school children? This question has a very clear focus for which data can be collected, analyzed, and discussed.
Need help developing a research question? Check out this video: How to Develop a Good Research Topic (Video: 4:33)
Discussion Prompt 3: In your opinion, which calculation is more informative to a primary care physician in a rural village—incidence rates or prevalence rates of HIV? Explain your answer and provide an example to support your response.
- Describe two secondary data sources that you might consider using for your signature assignment.
- Identify and discuss a funding source that might be appropriate for this type of research topic.
- Respond to at least two of your classmates’ or instructor’s posts. Give your classmates input on the secondary data sources they have chosen. Are there any other funding sources they might consider?
Discussion week 2