Disease and resistance.
I’m working on a Biology question and need guidance to help me study.
- Use the information presented in the module folder along with your readings from the textbook to answer the following questions.
- What are the different portals of entry for a pathogen to enter the body?
- Define the following disease categories:
- Endemic –
- Sporadic –
- Epidemic –
- Pandemic –
- Describe the difference between innate immunity and adaptive immunity.Which type of immunity is specific and typically longer lasting?
- Differentiate between active and passive types of immunity. Which type of immunity is long lasting and which is short lasting?
- Discuss the five (5) different classes of vaccines used in active immunity.
- Define and differentiate between hypersensitivity reactions and autoimmune disease. Gives an example of hypersensitivity reaction and an example of an autoimmune disease: