Imagine you are an economic consultant charged with an economic development project proposal. Complete
each part of the assignment to research and discuss the factors that lead to and/or restrict economic
development, and then develop a project, policy, ministry, or business plan that, if implemented, may improve
the economic growth within a specific region or city. Start by selecting a region or city. Then begin the process
of researching the region and identifying the key factors that have negatively impacted or hindered the
region’s economic development.
• The project should address key economic development factors and provide a means of improving the
quality of life for the citizens of the selected region.
• Your analysis should include the evaluation of a minimum of four macroeconomic indicators for a city
or county in the US.
o Examples of macroeconomic indicators are GDP, employment indicators (labor market,
unemployment, wages), consumer price index, the producer price index, retail sales, trade,
interest rates. /0x4*
PART 1 – INTRODUCTION AND CITY/COUNTY EVALUATION
Research the economic situation of a city or county of your choice by addressing the following:
- Background of the city or county, including:
• City/county population size,
• GDP size and GDP growth pattern
• unemployment rates
• major industry(ies)
• main tradable industry or commodity
• government budget size.
- Description of four macroeconomic indicators
- The status of the city or county’s condition for each macroeconomic indicator
- The major challenges (economic, financial, social) facing your selected city or county.
- The city or county’s major economic and financial strengths
- ASSIGNMENT REQUIREMENTS
- • Selects of city or county
- • Describes of city or county background
- • Selects and description of macroeconomic indicators
- • Describes the major economic, financial, and social challenges facing selected city or county
- • Describes the city or county’s major economic and financial strengths