English Rough Draft Assignment from Discussion.
Help me study for my English class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Expressing Your Ideas for an Academic Audience and Plan for Additional Research
Apply what you have learned about formal language and academic writing to write your own 2- 2 ½ pages draft of an essay that analyzes a relevant change in your field of study. Your paper must analyze either what caused this relevant change or analyze what effect this change has had. It will also create a research plan for further revision, research, and development.
This Unit 6 Assignment essay draft will then be revised to include source information and become your Unit 8 Assignment.
To identify a relevant change in your field of study, consider the following options:
- Brainstorm a list of changes in your field of which you are already aware
- Talk to others, including friends, family members, classmates, and professors
- Do a quick Google search to create a list of changes in the field
As you identify a change to discuss, be careful with your choice of topic to ensure that you are actually writing about a specific change. Diabetes itself, for example, is not a change. The skyrocketing number of children with diabetes in the last decade is a change. Technology is too broad a topic that includes countless changes and would not work for this Assignment; however, limiting the issue of technology to a specific technological change, like the increased use of cloud computing, will work for this Assignment. Be sure also that the change has occurred and that it is not a change you would like to see happen.
Be sure your Unit 6 Assignment meets the following requirements:
- Includes 4–5 fully developed paragraphs
- Focuses on one specific, relevant change that has already occurred
- Analyzes either cause or effect and does not take a position or make a recommendation
- Develops the main point through your own thoughts and observations, not through research
- Includes an additional research plan
- Applies APA 6th Edition format
- Avoids the use of outside sources at this point. However, if you use any source in any way in this draft, you must cite the source both in a references page and in text, whether you are quoting or paraphrasing
Using the Rough Draft from the Discussion I posted to you. Use that to construct this. Though please remember to not use outside resources on this paper as no APA should be used at this point in the paper according to the instructor.