I’m working on a English exercise and need support.
*Comment on google doc
essay, you will answer the following questions?
- Does the writer have an introduction paragraph? Does it begin with a hook? Then, does the writer provide background information about e-cigarettes? Does the introduction paragraph end with the thesis as the last sentence?
- In the thesis, does the writer have a clear argument that shows which side of the issue he or she is on? Does the thesis clearly state whether the writer thinks we should ban or not ban e-cigarettes?Is there anything the writer can do to make his or her thesis better?
- Does the writer have body paragraphs that are structured in PIE? Do any body paragraphs start with a reference to a source? If so, how can the writer re-write them to be in his or her own words?
- Does the writer have at least two (but preferably three) pieces of information (2-3 quotes) to support his or her Point in every body paragraph? Are the quotes introduced properly using the Incorporating Quotes in Research Handout?
- Does the writer follow each quote with sufficient explanation? Does the explanation restate the quote in the writer’s own words and then connect it to the Point of that paragraph and the thesis of the essay? Is the explanation at least as long if not longer than the information? How can the writer improve his or her explanation?
- Does the writer include a counter argument? Is the counter argument clear? Does the writer use the transition words to introduce the counter so it is clear that’s the opposing side?
- Does the writer have a conclusion that restates the thesis and gives a final thought?
- Are there any obvious/distracting grammatical or structural errors? Is the paper formatted in MLA? Is there a Works Cited page?
- What is this paper’s greatest strength? What still needs work, and how would you suggest the writer revise to correct that problem?