- Distinguish a between subjects design from a between-subjects factorial design.
- How many independent variables are in a 2 x 3 between-subjects factorial design? For each independent variable/s how many levels are there?
- Is an experiment with the following factorial notation possible: 1 x 2 x 3?
- Please write the notation for the factorial design used in the study by St. Louis and Liem (2005). Include the variables and their levels.
Hint: One of the independent variables was ego identity (i.e., not ethnic identity).
- Imagine that for your final year research project you want to explore strength of ethnic identity in a sample of students at a university in Trinidad.
In reviewing the literature, you note that both silently reminiscing about and sharing autobiographical memories (AM) about celebrating ethnic public holidays seem to increase strength of ethnic identity.
You therefore propose a study to compare the effects of silently reminiscing about ethnicity-related public holiday AMs and non-ethnicity related public holiday AMs with the effects of sharing ethnicity-related public holiday AMs and non-ethnicity related public holiday AMs.