Financial Decisions and policy and procedures.
I’m working on a Writing exercise and need support.
Imagine that you are the leader of a center-based childcare center. After reviewing the budget for next year, you and your fellow board members realize that the center will have to make some tough decisions. View the Financial Decisions Scenario Multimedia Presentation (Links to an external site.), then choose one of the following budget scenarios to discuss:
- Budget Cuts
Using information from Chapter 3, and at least one other credible source (be sure to cite your source), describe two to three specific strategies to either save or spend money while meeting the needs of the children, staff, and families. When you think about budgeting, be sure to explain specifically why you selected the areas to cut or supplement and why these are considered a priority. Your discussion post should be at least 300 words in length.
Early childhood education administrators are responsible for setting and maintaining the policies and procedures of the childcare center or school. Using Chapter 3 of the text and at least one other credible source (be sure to cite your source), choose one of the following policies and one of the following procedures explained in the Policies and Procedures Scenario Multimedia Interactive (Links to an external site.), and thoroughly explain how you would address the problem with specific action steps:
Policy (choose one):
- Sick Policy
- Late Payment Policy
- Biting Policy
Procedure (choose one):
- Daily Health Check Procedure
- Time Out Procedure
- Fire Drill Procedure
In your discussion post,
- Explain the difference between a policy and a procedure, providing two to three examples of each.
- Outline the specific action steps you would take to address your chosen policy scenario.
- Outline the specific action steps you would take to address your chosen procedure scenario.
- Evaluate one to two potential challenges that may arise with your policies and procedures, and propose solutions to overcome these challenges.
Your discussion post should be at least 200 words in length.