I need support with this Psychology question so I can learn better.
Journal Article Review Instructions
You will write 1 Journal Article Reviews, which will be based on your choice of articles from the professional, peer-reviewed journal articles provided in the Assignment Instructions folder. No outside articles will be accepted. Each Journal Article Review must be approximately 3–5 double-spaced pages (not including the title and reference pages) and must be created in a Microsoft Word document. Use the following guidelines to create your paper:
- Provide a title page in current APA format including only your name, the paper title (referring to the article title), and the institutional affiliation (Liberty University). Keep in mind that current APA recommends that the title length not exceed 12 words. Use the running head in the appropriate place and a page number on every page. Divide your summary into sections with the following Level One headings: Summary, Interaction, and Application (review the current APA Manual for guidance on levels of headings if needed).
- Develop a summary of the main concepts from the article. Do not duplicate the article’s abstract. If the article describes a research study, include brief statements about the hypotheses, methods, results, discussion, and implications. If any test measures or statistical methods used are given in the article, do not provide detailed descriptions of these. Short direct quotations from the article are acceptable, but avoid long quotations in a paper this size. This section is the foundation of your Journal Article Review (at least a third of your paper). Make sure that you include the core points from the article, even if it means a longer section. Do not reference any additional articles in your summary.
- In your own words, interact (in approximately 1 page) with the article. Appropriate comments for this part of the paper should include, but are not limited to: your initial response to the article, comments regarding the study’s design or methodology (if any), insights you gained from reading the article, your reasons for being interested in this particular article, any other readings that you may plan to do based upon having read the article, and other thoughts you have that might further enhance the discussion of your article. Your subjective comments in this section must be clearly tied to main points from the article, not peripheral ideas. Again, do not reference any other article.
- In your final section (in approximately 1 page) write how you would apply the information you have learned from this article to a particular counseling situation. This could be in a church or clinical session. Develop this section as if you are a pastor or clinician and your parishioner or client has come to you with a problem—grief, depression, substance abuse, infidelity, etc.—and is needing your help. Adequately describe the counseling scenario, including the presenting problem. Draw out concepts from the article and apply the concepts to the scenario as if you were guided only by the content of the article. Show the reader how you are expressly drawing from the journal article in this application section; be sure to cite correctly in current APA format.
- Provide the complete citation for the article being summarized on a reference page in current APA format.
- Additionally, consider any other information from previous articles you may have read in previous courses, or in other places you have encountered information relating to the themes in the article you are reviewing.For example, does the ACA Code of Ethics (2014) have anything to say about the themes being discussed in your journal article?Are there passages of Scripture that directly relate to the article?Are there ideas and concepts from previous courses you have taken in your program here at Liberty or elsewhere that relate to the article you have chosen?You are encouraged to include them, and make sure you include proper citations and references at the end of your paper.
Point values for each section as well as for writing/current APA can be found on the grading rubric. Remember that all papers in this program follow current APA format and are written per graduate-level standards.
Submit Journal Article Review 2 via SafeAssign by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 5.
2 Articles Included