homicide investigation team.
I don’t know how to handle this Law question and need guidance.
You are a member of a homicide investigation team. Team members have sent you digital images of a recent death case. As a trained and certified bloodstain pattern analyst, you have been provided with the following images for interpretation of bloodstain patterns found at the crime scene.
View the images:
Based upon your review of the aforementioned photographs, you recommended to your supervisor that there might be additional evidence at the scene. Upon arrival, you participate as a member of a crime scene processing team, and you have used luminol to enhance bloodstain evidence at a crime scene.
View the images of enhanced bloodstain evidence:
At the office, your supervisor asks you to write a report for the lead detective on this case.
Based on your analysis and interpretation of the bloodstain patterns in the above pictures, create a 4- to 5-page report in a Microsoft Word document addressing the following:
- Your initial review of the crime scene photographs.
- Your analysis on the bloodstain patterns in the pictures provided.
- Your interpretation of the bloodstains.
- Your interpretation of bloodstains developed with fluorescence.
- Determine if the bloodstains are passive, spatter, or altered.
- Sub-categorize the bloodstains, such as clotted, diluted, dried, diffused, etc.
- Methodology used to search the scene for bloodstains and use of chemicals for visualization of bloodstains.
- Methodology used for processing and collection of the various bloodstains.
- Summary of the data obtained from the photographs.
- Your hypothesis and the scenario.