I need help writing a paper for sociology class.
Can you help me understand this Sociology question?
Choose only one of the following questions
Answer one of the following essay questions, approximately 1000 words.
1. How are societies all over the world becoming increasingly connected and what are the consequences of these links?
2. As you moved through your childhood and adolescence, how did the relative importance of your family, school, peers, and mass media as agents of socialization change? How would you account for these changes?
3. How much of a role do you think television plays in the socialization process? Does it affect everyone to the same extent? Defend your position.
4 Do you think that the United States is a restrictive of permissive society when it comes to sexuality? What makes you think this way?
5 Do you feel that it would be either desirable or possible to establish a truly classless society? Why of why not?
6 Karl Marx predicted the advanced capitalist societies would eventually experience revolutions. Do you believe that Marx’s predictions were simply incorrect, or have the revolutions merely been postponed? Discuss.
7 Has your family experienced significant upward or downward mobility over the past three or four generations? How do you think your values and behavior might differ had you experienced the opposite pattern of mobility?
8. Is it wise for Americans to insulate themselves and ignore what is happening beyond their borders?
9. Do you think that one’s gender makes a difference as to being a political candidate? Discuss your answer.
10. Analyze how your gender role has been shaped by your family, peers, school, and the mass media. Which seems to have had the most impact on you?
11. What factors are changing the US labor force?
12. What do you think might be some effective ways of attempting to improve contemporary American race relations?
13. What do members of a minority group gain or lose as they undergo the process of assimilation?
14. Do you think that political apathy is due to indifference or alienation? Discuss you answer.
15. Many Americans believe that access to a good education is all that is needed to overcome inequality in U.S. society. Do you agree? Why or why not?
16. How can citizens work most effectively to promote a cleaner environment?
17. How effectively does your community (home town) recycle? How might people be convinced to recycle more?
18. Do you think life in the US is getting better or worse? Defend your position.
19. What do you see as the most positive social change in your lifetime? The most negative?
20. Discuss what you think is the political and economic significance of the emerging middle class in China.
21. How do you think people in other parts of the world look at America and Americans and what do you think contributes to this perception?
22. Where do you see our country heading over the next decade?
23. What do you think of the current administration’s foreign policy and where do you think it will lead the United States.
24. What do you think is the greatest threat to humanity? Why do you feel this way? What do you think can be done to keep this threat from destroying society?
25. Discuss the positive and negative aspects of the legalization of marijuana for recreational use.