This week, we will discuss accents and dialects in literature. The following are a list of potential authors and works you can use for this assignment. I tried to choose works that you might easily find excerpts online. You are not required to use someone from this list, but this is a good range of different types of accents and dialects.
Authors Who Use Accents and Dialects
· Mark Twain: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
· Toni Morrison: The Bluest Eye
· Trainspotting: Irvine Welsh
· Wuthering Heights: Emily Bronte
· Tess of the d’Urbervilles: Thomas Hardy
· Anything by Shakespeare