This unit is about initiating the process of organisational coaching and mentoring, dealing with changes and potential obstacles, and providing on-going high level support.
Learners may use their own employment context, or that of another organisation with which they are very familiar, to base their assignment. However, in the case that they are not able to do so, please use the below scenario: – You are a senior manager, responsible for implementing coaching and mentoring within the organisation and providing on-going support for that programme
In implementing a coaching and mentoring programme, you come across opposition from the operations team within your organisation. Describe and evaluate these obstacles from the perspective of those within the operations team.
In your role as manager of the implementation programme, devise two alternative strategies that could be used to overcome or minimise these obstacles.
Analyse the operational areas that require additional support and using one of the strategies already outlined, recommend the strategy that would enable you to support the operations team in successfully adopting coaching and mentoring.
Guideline word count: 1,000 – 1,200 words
A.C. 1.1 – Evaluate obstacles to coaching and mentoring from the operational managers’ perspective
A.C. 1.2 – Devise strategies to overcome or minimise the operational managers’ issues
A.C. 1.3 – Analyse those operational areas requiring additional support during adoption of coaching and mentoring
As a senior manager within your organisation, you have experienced situations where either positive or negative outcomes have resulted in response to coaching and mentoring. Produce a report that outlines the following:-
* Determines the most suitable method of being able to identify and recognise coaching and mentoring successes within your organisation that will enable you to anticipate future requirements of the coaching and mentoring process
* A critical evaluation of your strategic options in responds to a situation where the outcome has not been a positive coaching and mentoring experience
* Devise an effective strategic direction enabling your organisation to monitor and review the impact of coaching and mentoring across your organisation
* A development and recommendation of an appropriate method to enable your department to deal with situations where operational managers under-perform, and where operational managers over-perform in implementing coaching and mentoring policies within your organisation
* An outline and discussion of the most effective method available to strategic managers in demonstrating visible support for the coaching and mentoring process within your organisation.
Guideline word count:2,000 – 2,300 words
A.C. 3.1 – Determine a method to identify and recognise coaching and mentoring successes
A.C. 3.2 – Evaluate a strategy in response to a less than positive coaching and mentoring experience
A.C. 2.1 – Devise a strategy to monitor the impact of coaching and mentoring across the organisation
A.C. 2.2 – Develop a methodology for operational managers who under-perform in coaching and mentoring
A.C. 2.3 – Develop a methodology for operational managers who over-perform in coaching and mentoring
A.C. 3.3 – Discuss methods for the strategic managers to demonstrate overt support for the coaching and mentoring process