Primary Source Discussions North and South.
I’m studying and need help with a History question to help me learn.
Primary Source Discussion: North and South
Welcome to the Primary Source Discussion assignment.
In these assignments you will have the opportunity to interact with primary sources and your peers. From the syllabus:
What is a primary source?
A source is anything that informs us about the past.
A primary source is a source that comes directly from the time period/place of historical inquiry.
These individuals will have lived during the time period of inquiry and will provide a unique insight into this historical time period. Remember, primary sources are not always 100% accurate or 100% useful. They are also incomplete information. Use your critical thinking skills to answer the discussion questions and respond to your peers.
You will also incorporate these primary sources into your essay assignment.
Choose a primary source you would like to read: (the links will open up a PDF file)
Pick 2 of any of the questions below to which you want to answer about the specific primary source chosen.
– How might the author’s biography (personal background) impact his/her perspective?
– How could the author, or the document itself, be biased and not completely accurate?
– How might the document support (or not support) your essay paper argument? (essay questions are at the bottom of intro pages ie: GIlded Age (1865-1898)
– How might the document be relevant to a current event? (be specific about what current event)
– What else would you like to know about the author or the document itself?
– What other documents/perspectives would be helpful in giving a more complete picture of the historical event?
Post your answers to the discussion. In writing your answers 1) indicate which source you read. 2) indicate which questions you are answering. You will not be able to see other peoples posts until you post your initial response. Each answer must be longer than 60 words for full credit. Use the format below:
Source read: Chief Joseph
Question 1: How might the author/document be biased?
Answer below here after identifying the source and question. Your answer here must be at least 60 words in length for full credit.
Question 2: How might the document be relevant to a current event?
Answer below after identifying the second question you are answering, at least 60 words in length
Please and Thank You.