Sydney Metro is one of Australia’s biggest public transport project. The new standalone railway will deliver
31 metro stations and more than 66km of new metro rail. Sydney Metro, together with signaling and
infrastructure upgrades across the existing Sydney rail network, will increase the capacity of train services
entering the Sydney CBD – from about 120 an hour today to up to 200 services beyond 2024.
As part of the risk management team of XYZ Contractor, you are supporting the submission for a Design and
Construct (D&C) Contract. You should undertake the required risk management activities for the defined
scope of project below from a D&C contractor’s perspective. You are required to research and find more
details of this major project in order to successfully complete the assignment.
For this assignment, you can select ONE of three parts of:
A. Victoria Cross Station
B. Barangaroo Station
C. Tunnels between two stations
• Prepare a Risk Management Plan (RMP) in accordance with AS/NZS ISO 31000:2018
• Establish an appropriate risk management context, including likelihood and consequence criteria,
escalation table, etc.
• Identify a major possible uncertainty or risk event with potential major positive or negative impact on
selected objective, e.g. technical, safety, commercial, etc.
• Consider aspects beyond the texts and lecture materials i.e. value added discussion and analytics
• Submit as a soft copy
• Reference correctly – not referencing sources correctly can lead to a mark deduction, and not
referencing sources at all (including pictures, diagrams, and photographs) can be seen as plagiarism
and can lead to disciplinary action.
Table of Content for Assignment
There is not a specific table of content for this assignment as far as the objectives above being fully
addressed and communicated for management decision. However, the provided rubric below can provide a
reasonable table of content for risk and contingency assessment report.