E-BOOK: Advanced Health Assessment & Clinical Diagnosis in Primary Care, 5th Edition
Physical Examination and Health Assessment
PLEASE RESPOND TO PROMPTWEEK 5 AT LEAST 2 REFERENCES CITED AT THE END OF EACH PROMT,1 PAGE PER PROMPT REFERENCES SHOULD BE NO OLDER THAN 5 YEARS PLEASE USE THE E BOOK AS 1 OF REFERENCE .
- Please respond to the discussion prompt. Week 5 :
- Jarvis, Chapters 17â€“18
- Dains, Chapters 5, 10, and 13
Select one of the following case studies to address:
- A 49-year old man reports feeling fullness in his right armpit and nipple discharge at his right areola . He denies other symptoms, significant medical history, or allergies.
- A 31-year old Black woman reports her breasts get swollen, hard, and lumpy at times and she has pain that comes and goes. She has heard that Black women have a high rate of breast cancer.
- A 27-year old woman complains of multiple small tender lumps in her right and left axillae. She explains that she has noticed that they seem to make “tunnels” and sometimes open and smell bad.
For the case you have chosen, post to the discussion:
- Discuss what questions you would ask the patient, what physical exam elements you would include, and what further testing you would want to have performed.
- In SOAP format, list:
- Pertinent positive and negative information
- Differential and working diagnosis
- Treatment plan, including: pharmacotherapy with complementary and OTC therapy, diagnostics (labs and testing), health education and lifestyle changes, age-appropriate preventive care, and follow-up to this visit.
- Use at least one scholarly source other than your textbook to connect your response to national guidelines and evidence-based research in support of your ideas.
- In your peer replies, please reply to at least one peer who chose a different case study.