Step-by-Step Teaching and Learning.
I don’t know how to handle this Subject Major question and need guidance.
Lesson plans guide instructional delivery of required curricular content. A good lesson plan is aligned to academic state or national standards and the district adopted curriculum, if available. Strong lesson plans include required components and define what the students are learning to do, how the teacher will teach those skills, and how the students and teacher will know if they have mastered the content. An examination of lesson plans can improve understanding of instructional planning to meet all student needs in a diverse classroom.
Use the “Rhetorical Devices Lesson Plan” and “Sight Words Guided Reading Lesson Plan” to inform the assignment that follows.
For each lesson plan, answer the following prompts in 50-150 word responses each. For each prompt, keep in mind the students for whom the lesson is written:
- What is the lesson’s objective? Is it measurable and observable? If not, how could the objective be rewritten to be measurable and observable? Provide the grade level and academic subject area for the lesson, along with the corresponding academic standards.
- Is whole group instruction utilized in the lesson? If not, how can whole group instruction be incorporated into the lesson? Is small group instruction utilized” If not, how could it be incorporated? How could a co-teacher be utilized during instruction?
- What technology might be incorporated to increase student engagement during lesson activities?
- What is a strategy you could teach within the lesson to a student with dyslexia to help them decode and comprehend the vocabulary being presented? (Select a different strategy for each lesson).
- How could you assess student learning during the lesson? Outline a formative assessment that is developmentally appropriate for the students and aligned to the lesson’s learning objectives.
- What are two principles of Universal Design for Learning you could incorporate into the lesson?
Cite the “Rhetorical Devices Lesson Plan” and “Sight Words Guided Reading Lesson Plan” where appropriate.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Attached is the Rubric.