The Viability of Recommended Command and Response Structure.
I’m studying for my Law class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
FEMA encourages the creation of state and local response and incident command structures. FEMA also recommends the adoption of a joint federal, state and local unified coordination staff configuration. These recommendations represent a concerted effort to establish nationwide response and recovery protocols and structures.
Absent the adoption of nationally accepted protocols and command structures, the administrative complexities of coordination command and response measures could become disjointed following terrorist events. For these reasons, recommended procedures under the National Response Framework are an important resource for state and local authorities to create coordinated protocols.
- How should state and local governments coordinate their command and response structures when an attack occurs?
- How can federal agencies best be used to assist state and local authorities to prepare for and respond to terrorist threats?
- What is an acceptable degree of federal supervision of and intervention in state and local configuration of their command and response structures?
- Should federal resources be used to mandate compliance with Framework recommendations?
- To what extent should agencies at the state and local levels be independent of federal oversight?