Unit 4 Government Lesson & Reflective Essay.
I’m trying to learn for my History class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Part A Design a one-day, student-centered lesson activity for your government classroom. This can be a paired or individual assignment using a theme from Minogue’s reading (select one):
- forms of government (e.g. democracy, theocracy, monarchy, dictatorship)
- political ideology (liberal, moderate, or conservative)
- voting rights or electoral process
- principles of government (e.g. checks and balances, popular sovereignty, separation of powers)
- Bill of Rights/US Constitution
NOTE: You are not required to use the UHD lesson plan format, but your lesson must have a similar flow:
- Objective of lesson
- Introduction/warm-up/sponge activity
- Main Lesson (refer to Part II/Lesson Cycle of UHD-CPDT)
Part B Write a 2-page (12 pt. font, double-spaced, MLA) reflective paper of your lesson activity and consider the following questions:
- Please list at least three different places in the TEKS where you see this government concept.
- How is this characteristic of government/civics described in the Minogue reading or the TEKS?
- How will this activity help the student to think critically about government concepts?
- Does the TEKS enhance or ignore this government concept?
- Do you believe this government concept is vital? Why or why not?