Physical Examination and Health Assessment
Please respond to the discussion prompt. Week 3: Jarvis, Chapters 8â€“9, 12â€“16
- Dains, Chapters 14, 19, 22, 25, 27, 29, and 35
Select one of the following case studies to address:
- A 17-year old male presents with a complaint of a red itchy rash over his torso and back x 1 week which is keeping him up at night. He denies sick exposures or recent visit to wooded areas. Denies other complaints.
- A 42-year old female presents with a complaint of a papule on her left forearm for the past 2 months that â€œlooks funnyâ€. Denies itching, scaling, drainage, or other complaints.
- A 28-year old male complains of a scaly lesion over his left groin area and a painful â€œcutâ€ between his â€œbigâ€ and second toe x 3 weeks.
For the case you have chosen, post to the discussion:
- Discuss what questions you would ask the patient, what physical exam elements you would include, and what further testing you would want to have performed.
- In SOAP format, list:
- Pertinent positive and negative information
- Differential and working diagnosis
- Treatment plan, including: pharmacotherapy with complementary and OTC therapy, diagnostics (labs and testing), health education and lifestyle changes, age-appropriate preventive care, and follow-up to this visit.
- Use at least one scholarly source other than your textbook to connect your response to national guidelines and evidence-based research in support of your ideas.