E-BOOK: Advanced Health Assessment & Clinical Diagnosis in Primary Care, 5th Edition
Physical Examination and Health Assessment
PLEASE RESPOND TO PROMPTS WEEK 6 AT LEAST 2 REFERENCES CITED AT THE END OF EACH PROMT,1 PAGE PER PROMPT REFERENCES SHOULD BE NO OLDER THAN 5 YEARS PLEASE USE THE E BOOK AS 1 OF REFERENCE . DO NOT POST NOTHING THROUGH CANVAS WEBSITE
- Please respond to the discussion prompt. Week 6:
- Jarvis, Chapters 17â€“18
- Dains, Chapters 5, 10, and 13
Select one of the following case studies to address:
- A 9-year old female presents with her mother complaining of a dry cough that awakes up everyone in the house each night for the last 2 weeks. Denies prior hx of the same.
- A 29-year old newly immigrated woman complains of weakness, shortness of breath, cough and night sweats for the past month.
For the case you have chosen, post to the discussion:
- Discuss what questions you would ask the patient, what physical exam elements you would include, and what further testing you would want to have performed.
- In SOAP format, list:
- Pertinent positive and negative information
- Differential and working diagnosis
- Treatment plan, including: pharmacotherapy with complementary and OTC therapy, diagnostics (labs and testing), health education and lifestyle changes, age-appropriate preventive care, and follow-up to this visit.
- Use at least one scholarly source other than your textbook to connect your response to national guidelines and evidence-based research in support of your ideas.