Week 5 Assignment. Search the UM Library or the Internet to identify a sports leader known for being a great motivator. Explain three to five specific motivational strategies used by the leader that go beyond rewards and punishment. Explain how these motivational strategies affected team members and team success. Evaluate which strategies or influence tactics were more successful than others and why they more successful. Support your writing with concrete examples from your personal experience, observations, and the Learning Resources. Be sure to use proper APA citations where appropriate.
(2) The table below shows complete data for buyers and sellers of a given commodity. Each buy Show more .. (2) The table below shows complete data for buyers and sellers of a given commodity. Each buyer and seller in the market is assumed to supply or demand a single unit of the good. The sellers column shows the number of sellers in the market at each possible production cost level. Likewise the buyers column shows the number of buyers in the market at each possible subjective valuation of the good. (See the notes from Lecture 3 if you need help interpreting the table.) a) Draw the graph like the one shown in lecture to show the market supply and demand curves. Your graph should show intersecting supply and demand curves. Each should have a stair-step appearance with the right end of each step reflecting the accumulated level of supply or demand for the corresponding price level. Value Sellers Buyers $2 4 6 $4 5 10 $6 5 5 $8 8 4 $10 8 5 b) Find the market equilibrium price and quantity. Is the resulting allocation efficient? Explain. (In this setting define efficiency to mean that theres no alternative allocation or set of trades which would results in larger total profits over all traders). c) Suppose a unit tax is imposed on buyers thus decreasing each of the net values or buyers in the table by one. Find the new equilibrium price and quantity and compare the efficiency of the resulting allocation with the case of no tax. Show less
In this unit, you have learned about diagnosis and assessment in psychopathology as well as different research methods in the field. Write an essay that describes what you have learned about the topics below covered in the unit. In your response, be sure to address the following questions:
- How is the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) different from previous versions? Does it improve the classification of disorders, or is the grouping of psychiatric and medical diagnoses too broad of a categorization?
- Does the current diagnostic and treatment scheme reflect sufficient cultural sensitivity, or are some culturespecific influences ignored?
- Has deinstitutionalization reduced our understanding or ability to research mental illness?
Your essay must be a minimum of two pages in length, and your essay should include an introduction, which provides the background and purpose of the essay, and a conclusion, which sums up your main points.
At least two academic sources must be used to support your points. All sources must be cited in APA format, and your paper should be formatted in accordance to APA guidelines, including a title page and reference page.
and coffees Show more Consider an endowment economy with two consumers Andy and Bob and two goods movies (m) and coffees (c). Andy has the preferences: Ua((MaCa)=2Ln(Ma)+Ln(Ca) while Bob has preferences Ub(Mb Cb)= 2Ln(Mb)+3Ln(Cb). Andy is endowed with 25 movies and 75 coffees; Bob is endowed with 75 movies and 25 coffees. a) Depict the endowment point in an Edgeworth box diagram with movies on the horizontal axis. Put the origin for Andy at the southwest corner and the origin for Bob at the northeast corner. What does the MRS for Andy equal at the endowment point? What does the MRS for Bob equal at the endowment point? b) Consider the following consumption bundles: Andy consumes 50 movies and 25 coffees; Bob consumes 50 movies and 75 coffees. Are these consumption bundles on the contract curve? Support your answer explicitly. c) Do the consumption bundles in part (b) correspond to competitive exchange under a Walrasian auctioneer? Support your answer explicitly. Show less
- Examine one discipline active in the United States health care delivery system. (Examples: Nurses, Physician’s Assistants, Dentists, Nurse Aides).
a. Research local and national Labor statistics related to the discipline selected.
b. Describe discipline responsibilities, (Students can work in groups.)
c. List salary possibilities (available through labor statistics research sites),
d. Outline discipline advertised positions in your service area,
e. List options for practice settings and reimbursement for services. This information will be presented as a formal research paper OR as a power point presentation to the class. Paper should be at least 3-5 pages with references, Power Point presentations should be at least 8-10 slides. Maximum grade: 30 points. Due date: October 10, 2016.
- Read one professional journal article related to a topic of interest to you!
a. Outline the content of the article including; name of the journal, date of publication, title of article, content/ scope of the article, study methods, and the conclusion of the article.
b. Report the differences in professional journal presentations vs. mass media publications.
Maximum grade: 15 points Due date: Oct. 26, 2016
- Participate in a Community Based Health Care Team Mock Disaster Preparation.
a. Each student will select a role to portray in the team simulation in class.
b. Each student will be responsible to investigate how a specific discipline might volunteer their expertise to assist in planning for the needs of a community when disaster strikes and list their role in the event of a real disaster.
c. This group will meet three times during the term. The first meeting will be used to assess the needs of the community. The second meeting will identify community resources and gaps in services and create a community disaster response plan. The third meeting will examine the group strategy as though a disaster has occurred and will attempt to construct a final plan to remedy the unmet needs for future planning. Students who are present and participate in all three meetings will receive Maximum: 20 points. Due date: First meeting: In class, TBA following speaker on Emergency
6. Explore the web sites of any candidate for President of the United States for information related to Public Health or Health Care Delivery policy information.
Joe Kelp owns a commercial fishing fleet and hires a captain for each boat in his fleet. These work Show more Joe Kelp owns a commercial fishing fleet and hires a captain for each boat in his fleet. These workers are considered to be part of the crew. In the market for fresh Pacific salmon Joe is one of thousands of fishermen. Although Joe usually catches a significant number of fish each year his contribution to the entire salmon harvet is negligible relative to the size of the market. Joe is considered to be a perfect competitor in the output market. If so explain why his demand curve for labor (crew workers) is downward-sloping and his supply curve for labor is perfectly elastic at the market wage/ ____________________________________ What is the effective marginal tax rate of a government antipoverty program that guarantees every family a minimum income? Explain. Why might trying several antipoverty benefits to income level lead to an effective marginal tax rate of greater than 100% perfect? Show less
Create a PowerPoint presentation with fifteen to twenty (15-20) slides in which you:
- Create a Wage and Hour standard for the job opportunity that you had selected in Assignment 2, and support your standard by using the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Equal Pay Act to prevent any potential discriminatory impact.
- Decide on three (3) benefits required for the job opportunity using ERISA. Propose two (2) methods that the employer can use in order to manage the fiduciary duties wisely and with the employees’ best interests in mind. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Elaborate on two (2) rights regarding unionization that Section 7 of the NLRA guarantees. Next, examine two (2) unfair labor practices, and argue the importance of your organization refraining from using such practices during any self-organization and collective bargaining activities. Explore two (2) potential repercussions of an organization’s interference with self-organization and collective bargaining practices.
- Propose three (3) ways to discourage employees from considering unionization. Then, compose one (1) strategy for championing a supportive and satisfying work environment within the organization.
- Select one (1) OSHA violation case, and determine whether the resulting penalties were sufficient to deter the organization in question from repeating the same violative action. Justify your response.
- Outline a plan for investigating workplace injuries, and formulate a policy that explains the process for filing a worker’s compensation claim within the selected organization.
- Narrate each slide, using a microphone, and indicate what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from eighteen (18) feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title slide is not included in the required slide length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop policies that are compliant with employment laws.
- Evaluate an organization’s physical environment and determine criteria that ensure occupational safety.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.
- Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing mechanic.
a. Record the fol Show more Suppose no one holds currency so c =0 and the reserve to deposit ratio ? = 0.20. a. Record the following events on the balance sheets below: Event 1: The Fed purchases $10000 from Jack a government securities dealer. The Fed pays for the purchase by giving Jack a check for $10000. Jack deposits the check in Bank A. The check clears. (Indicate the changes on the balances sheet below labeling your entries with the number 1 for event 1.) Event 2: Bank A makes a loan of (you do the calculation) $___________ to Lisa in the form of a cashiers check. Lisa gives the check to Joan in exchange for a car. Joan deposits the check in Bank B. The check clears. (Indicate the changes on the balances sheet below labeling your entries with the number 1 for event 1. Bank A The Fed Assets Liabilities Assets Liabilities R Loans D Gov bonds R Bank B Assets Liabilities R D b. What happens to bank reserves at the end of event 1? What happens to the Federal funds rate? Explain fully by drawing the supply and demand graph for the market for bank reserves. c. How much has the money supply changed by at the end of event 1? much has the money supply changed by at the end of event 2? d. If I asked you to do an event 3 how much would Bank B lend out? e. Use the money supply equation to calculate exactly how the money supply will change by. Show your work! f. Draw the money supply and money curves and show what happens when the money supply increases. Using this portfolio balance approach (i.e. in equilibrium money supply = money demand) use a flow diagram to explain why an increase in the money supply results in lower interest rates. Show less
Unit III Scholarly Activity THIS JUST IN: You work for a national radio broadcasting company and it is your job to create the typed broadcast for the evening news, recapping the experiences of Americans from before WWI all the way to their experiences after the war. For your story to be valid and accepted by a wide audience, it must include the home front experiences of many groups and cover the topics below. You are to choose only one of the two options below to complete for this assignment to highlight all seven key points below. Examine the experiences of the local populations and varied demographics, including African Americans, women, and lower classes. What changed because of the movement from isolationism to expansionism? Assess the relevance of people’s concerns about the war’s impact on the international community. Assess the war’s economic impact, including the expansion of factories (big business) due to wartime production. Compare and contrast pre-war and post-war experiences. Include at least two key domestic figures and at least two key international figures. Include how the United States in the post-war era is positioned to become a superpower. Option 1 With any good news story, you must utilize multiple sources. Your story must be a minimum of two pages. A minimum of two reputable sources must be used, cited, and referenced, one of which must come from the CSU Online Library. This means you will need to find at least one additional source on your own. Inappropriate resources or failure to use resources available in the CSU Online Library can lead to deductions (and loss of your news audience). Option 2 If you have ever dreamed of broadcasting on the radio, this is your chance! If you choose this option, you will be able to record your broadcast. There are many options available to make your audio recording. A few options are listed below. HY 1120, American History II 4 Audacity: http://www.audacityteam.org/ Online Voice Recorder: www.online-voice-recorder.com Ipadio: www.ipadio.com You may also video record your broadcast using your webcam and upload the file to YouTube. You may also search for other programs or ways to make your recording to upload. The following list will guide you as you prepare your speech: Read the grading rubric that follows these instructions. If you need clarification on any of the grading elements, please contact your professor. Your broadcast recording must be no less than five minutes and no more than eight minutes. Speaking outside these time limits will result in a grade penalty of 10 points. Plan everything out and be sure to practice your broadcast before recording it. When you have recorded your broadcast, play it back. Ensure that your voice is audible, that you are clearly in the center of the screen, and that your facial expressions and body language are easily seen. You will submit an outline of your broadcast in bulleted form, which should be at least 200 words in length. Your outline does not need to be in essay form; rather, it should include the highlights of your speech along with some expansion to each bulleted item to provide details and clarity when necessary. You are required to use a minimum of two reputable sources, which must be cited and referenced, only one of which can be an assigned or provided text or source. Please include these on a separate reference page with your outline. You must upload your outline document at the same time that you upload your broadcast file or broadcast hyperlink. You will be uploading two separate files for this assignment if you choose option two. To submit your files for this assignment, you must upload them all before clicking submit. Direct any questions to your professor prior to beginning the assignment. CSU librarians are also available should you need assistance with your research for this assignment.
You observe an Olympic Athlete in the long-jump. Suppose the distance of each jump is a random Show more You observe an Olympic Athlete in the long-jump. Suppose the distance of each jump is a random variable that follows a normal distribution with mean ? and variance ?2. He jumps 8 times and records the following distances. Jump Distance (meters) 1 8.79 2 8.87 3 8.82 4 8.49 5 8.74 6 8.32 7 8.84 8 8.50 Calculate an unbiased estimate for the value of ? Calculate an unbiased estimate for the value of ?2? c. Construct an interval that has a 95% probability of containing ?. The athlete says that he is better than Carl Lewis who jumped an average distance of 8.50 throughout his career. What would you say to that? Suppose both of your guesses from parts a.) and b.) are exactly correct. What is the probability that the athletes next jump is over the world record of 8.95 meters? Show less