Discuss the issues that families are coping with today in regard to the opioid crisis and drug-related deaths of our young adults today. Drugs do not discriminate, affecting each and every one of our families in some way. Discuss a topic in this area and how it has affected our families today.
You must support your response with scholarly sources in APA format.
Addressing today’s problem with school violence is a complicated one. Use this Discussion Board thread to suggest and explain how you would implement change in school systems to make them safer. Was bullying or disrespectful treatment of a child a rooted cause for these horrible actions? What can schools do to better address the treatment of others within their school districts? Try and use some new and innovative ideas to make our children safer, yet not turn our schools into detention facilities.
Each Wednesday you will turn in a reflection memo, with your personal reactions to the course material. You should use this exercise as an opportunity to integrate course material with your own life and experiences, and for you to give me feedback on how the course is going for you. The content of the memos should focus on both the course material and your experiences but are otherwise open to you. For example, you might discuss your reaction to class discussions, films, lectures, or readings, report on an event in your life or conversations you’ve had with friends and family about course material. These are not reading or lecture summaries. Your reflection memos should be no less than a paragraph but no more than a page
Chapters covered thus far are 1-4. I uploaded the textbook so you can view the Data Workshop. I also uploaded an image with it, but it may be blurry, hence why i uploaded the text as well. I attached the rubric as well for your pursual. Assignments are submitted to TurnItIn.
Refer to the Data Workshop on Pages 31 and 32 in the textbook. For this assignment, immerse yourself in a celebrity gossip website of your choice.
1. Choose ONE story and analyze it carefully – read the headlines, scrutinize the pictures, and read and review the comments section.
2. Choose TWO of the three theories as outlined on Page 32, and answer the questions associated with the theory
Please carefully read all of the information in green – the only part of the content in green that does not apply to this assignment is the content under There are two options for completing this Data Workshop
* 500-800 words_
* Refer to the Data Workshop on Pages 31 and 32 in your textbook_
* Use key concepts from each theory and apply them to your source_
* Your assignment should include a reference to the gossip article and to the textbook_
* APA format _
In this paper, you will make an objective argument about your topic using scholarly sources. On the first page(s), you introduce your topic and provide a background on this topic from a non-academic source. This non-academic source should be a news article from a reputable publication. In the following pages, you will use academic sources to argue your point.
For this paper, you are required to have a minimum of six academic peer-reviewed sources. In addition, you will need one non-academic source from a reputable news organization.
Times new roman
Document must be written and submitted via Microsoft Word.
Last page of the paper, please make a works cited page.
*** I NEED YOU TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS FOLLOW THE ATTACHED OUTLINE *AND INCLUDE THE RESEARCH TOPIC INFO THE INFO ON THE ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY.
Term Paper Guidelines
The paper must be 5-6 pages in length double-spaced. The main object of this assignment is to utilize the concepts and critical thinking skills in developing a sociological analysis of a social problem. I choose to write on sociological topic I am passionate about cultural stereotypes. Using two course readings (Who Killed Vincent Chin?) and one primary source (check DVC Library databases EBSCO and jstor) to build your analysis. News articles and blogs are not an academic source but may be used over and above the requirements. Pay attention to the mechanisms by which social problems are reproduced alongside the processes that reflect the potential for transformation. Discuss the impact of such social problems in your own life or on someone that you know.
Make sure to begin the paper with a clear thesis statement. To support your argument, you are required to analyze the data you gathered using the course concepts. You are required to focus your analysis by choosing concepts from at least two readings. One of these sources can a movie/movie clip screened in class. Use the library to find one academic primary source that provides deeper insight into the topic you have chosen. Bring in at least one real life example to illustrate the impact of the social problem. A well organized and sophisticated analysis will attempt to connect different topics to provide new insights. However, avoid making connections for the sake of making connections as this often results in a kitchen-sink approach that might cover various concepts but offers no depth of analysis.
My Term Paper Outline is attached. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Team Assignment Part 2: Direct Action Plan (including a Media Strategy)
For this portion of the assignment, you will develop a direct action plan that would pressure the target of your campaign and write up a plan to implement it and garner news coverage about it. Your group will develop a single document that should be approximately 3-5 pages and include a “run of show” or a minute-by-minute breakdown of the action. It should include:
● A brief review of your campaign outline: your strategy, your target, and your demand
● A discussion of how this particular action will put pressure on your target to meet your demand
● A minute-by-minute table with the breakdown of your action (what will happen at what time
and who will do it)
● A discussion of the participants in the action and their positionality and how this affects their
participation (e.g. documentation status, work schedules, childcare responsibilities etc.)
● A Safety
1. Read the text “The Generational Equity Debate” by J. Williamson, D. Watts-Ray and E. Kingson on pages 353-356 (Reading 37 as part of Controversy 8 in the 9th edition). The authors of this reading contrast two ways of framing the debate regarding public policy toward older adults – the “generational equity frame” and the “generational interdependence frame.” Please explain what are the key assertions of these two frames? What side do you come down on and why? Explain. 2. Consider the following difficult task. Imagine that you are in charge of a Meals on Wheels program providing home-delivered meals to older adults in your community. Your agency has just received a 50% budget cut for next year, and now you must recommend which of the current meal recipients should continue to receive food. Write a detailed memorandum explaining how you would decide who are the least advantaged older adults deserving of continued service. The total length of the responses (the answers to both questions) should be at least 2 full pages (that is about 23 lines with double line spacing x 2 on US letter size, not including the question) and cannot be longer than 3 full pages. Use Times Roman, 12 (or similar); Double line spacing; Standard margins (1 inch on top and bottom, 1.25 inches on left and right side);
1. Please read the text “Prime Time” by Marc Freedman on pages 426-428 (Reading 44 in the 9th edition, as part of Controversy 10). The author predicts that, in the future, aging baby boomers will behave in ways that make earlier ideas of retirement obsolete. In this view, civic engagement could become a new retirement role in years to come. What does Freedman mean by “civic engagement” and what would it take for his vision to come to pass? 2. Please read the text “Moving toward a creative retirement” on pages 436-438 (Reading 46 in the 9th edition, as part of Controversy 10). Manheimer’s article provides us with a contrasting view of how retirement can be a creative period in a person’s life. Just as paid work is not the only form of productivity, so recreation and relaxation are not the only forms that leisure might take. How does Manheimer define “creative retirement” and what are your thoughts about this option for the post-work years of the life course? The total length of the responses (the answers to both questions) should be at least 2 full pages (that is about 23 lines with double line spacing x 2 on US letter size, not including the question) and cannot be longer than 3 full pages. Use Times Roman, 12 (or similar); Double line spacing; Standard margins (1 inch on top and bottom, 1.25 inches on left and right side);
One page essay question portion of final exam for Theories of Counseling II :
Critique feminist theories of counseling. How are the limits of feminist therapy models addressed by an Ethnopolitical approach and intersectional counseling models like Mujerista Psychology or Womanist Therapy?
I attached the chapter from the book on feminist theory for reference.
I also attached the Mujerista Psychology and the Womanist Therapy articles